UPDATE – MARCH 8th 2021
We are delighted to inform you that on MONDAY 8th MARCH Artroom reopened, to facilitate your children’s supplementary art education.
The Department for Education classifies Artroom Brighton as a Supplementary School, operating in an ‘out of school’, educational setting. We will continue to provide crucial support for working parents, the children of key workers, home-educated pupils, vulnerable children and GCSE and Scholarship students, through our culturally enriching and curriculum relevant, activities, tuition, classes and workshops. Artroom Brighton operations are COVID-19 secure and safe and pupils will be masked and kept in consistent bubbles of no more than 15.
We are pleased to be supporting your children’s education and well-being at a time when stability, routine and creativity are paramount.
COVID COMPLIANCE IN THE ARTROOM STUDIO
Artroom Brighton has followed the government guidance and implemented all safety recommendations where it has been applicable and practicable to do so
Currently there is no law mandating the wearing of masks for children, but likewise, there is no law mandating that private businesses have any obligation to accept pupils who cannot wear masks. Government guidance strongly recommends that masks be worn by children wherever possible, therefore we are following this guidance.
Our Public liability cover continues to operate and cover your children as intended. There is no exclusion under any sections relating to COVID-19. We have carried out an extensive risk assessment and have made the following changes.
Artroom Preparation for Lessons
- Teachers and assistants will take Covid Lateral Flow tests regularly each week
- The studio has been completely renovated for ease of cleaning
- Tables and chairs will be washed down and disinfected between classes
- All the desks arranged facing the front of the class
- Repositioning of my whiteboard to the front of class room to ensure social distancing is upheld
- Pupils sat at single desks (but can still communicate!)
- Maximum of 14 pupils per class to ensure social distancing
- Pencils, rubbers and paintbrushes cleaned between classes
- Room always well ventilated
- Children will need to use toilet prior to the lesson, either at school or home. Toilet to be used only in ‘an emergency’
- No bags, coats or personal effects allowed in studio
- Bring own aprons / shirts to protect clothing
- Face masks essential
- One way system in operation – children dropped one at a time at front entrance of building. Parents take child’s bags/coats etc
- Doors all propped open during arrival.
- Children wash hands in studio before class
- Teacher will wear a PPE visor
- Teaching Assistant will wear PPE visor
- Children will remain at their desks at all times
- Lessons in the 6-10 age group reduced by 15 minutes to allow for stringent cleaning and less of a need for bathroom breaks
- Parents queue outside studio, one child leaves at a time
Further Lockdown Contingency
Should we go into another lockdown, mid-course, or if a situation arose whereby I had to isolate, Artroom courses would be completed via the online Zoom platform.
Parents would collect pupil’s work and materials from the studio.
Zoom is a platform that I have now had extensive experience of and I am confident that meaningful, artistic content can be delivered to your children via this format.
We are delighted to be offering practical and safe studio based school holiday courses for your children once again. Please click here for more details.
Book Artroom Studio Courses