IMPORTANT: Re-opening of Artroom postponed until further notice
In light of the latest lockdown, Artroom Brighton has suspended all studio based teaching. Please see online classes page for details of Zoom classes.
Please do email us if you have any questions.
COVID COMPLIENCE IN THE ARTROOM STUDIO
Artroom Brighton has followed the government guidance and implemented all safety recommendations where it has been applicable and practicable to do so. Our Public liability cover continues to operate and cover your children as intended. There is no exclusion under any sections relating to COVID-19. We have carried out an extensive risk assessment and have made the following changes.
Artroom Preparation for Lessons
- The studio has been completely renovated for ease of cleaning
- Tables and chairs will be washed down and disinfected between classes
- All the desks arranged facing the front of the class
- Repositioning of my whiteboard to the front of class room to ensure social distancing is upheld
- Pupils sat at single desks (but can still communicate!)
- Maximum of 14 pupils per class to ensure social distancing
- Pencils, rubbers and paintbrushes cleaned between classes
- Room always well ventilated
- Children will need to use toilet prior to the lesson, either at school or home. Toilet to be used only in ‘an emergency’
- No bags, coats or personal effects allowed in studio
- Bring own aprons / shirts to protect clothing
- Face masks essential
- One way system in operation – children dropped one at a time at front entrance of building. Parents take child’s bags/coats etc
- Doors all propped open during arrival.
- Children wash hands in studio before class
- Teacher will wear a PPE visor
- Teaching Assistant will wear PPE visor
- Children will remain at their desks at all times
- Lessons in the 6-10 age group reduced by 15 minutes to allow for stringent cleaning and less of a need for bathroom breaks
- Parents queue outside studio, one child leaves at a time
Further Lockdown Contingency
Should we go into another lockdown, mid-course, or if a situation arose whereby I had to isolate, Artroom courses would be completed via the online Zoom platform.
Parents would collect pupil’s work and materials from the studio.
Zoom is a platform that I have now had extensive experience of and I am confident that meaningful, artistic content can be delivered to your children via this format.
We are delighted to be offering practical and safe studio based school holiday courses for your children once again. Please click here for more details.
Book Artroom Studio Courses